Mary Jo Peckham Park | Katy Baby Parks
About Mary Jo Peckham Park for All Children in Katy:
Enjoy the great outdoors with your baby at this family friendly park. One of Katy’s greatest resources for families, Mary Jo Peckham Park has playgrounds, lighted walking trails, a regularly stocked fishing lake with a pier, an indoor swimming pool, covered pavilion for parties, and even free putt putt. This is a great park to take your baby on a walk, enjoy looking at ducks and wildlife, and explore baby friendly play areas.
Good to Know:
- The park’s playground features a baby friendly play structure with small steps and no cliffs for little ones to fall off of. Encourage your baby to crawl and slide on this special playground! There are also infant swings, so you can safely enjoy swinging your baby at this park.
- Mary Jo Peckham Park is open to all families, but some activities require registration and Harris County residency. If you’d like to play putt-putt, use the swimming pool, or work out in Mary Jo Peckham Park’s gym, you’ll need to bring proof that you live in Harris County and sign up for a park pass. Don’t live in Harris County? Don’t let that stop you from enjoying the park! The playgrounds, fishing, ducks, and trails are reason enough to visit.
- If you’re visiting with older children, Katy City Park is just around the corner and within easy walking distance, especially with a stroller. Katy City Park’s train structure is lots of fun for big siblings!
- Mary Jo Peckham Park offers many community classes, and may occasionally provide families with CPR and first aid courses. Check with the park to find out if there are any upcoming classes for parents.
- The park’s pavilion and outdoor grills make this a great place to host your baby’s first birthday party! Call the park to find out about reservations, as the pavilion may be reserved months in advance.
Visiting Mary Jo Peckham Park:
Mary Jo Peckham Park Hours:
7:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m.
Park email contact: