Katy Birth Center | Natural Birth in Katy
About Katy Birth Center:
Providing midwifery services and well woman care, Katy Birth Center is a resource center for natural birth, breastfeeding, and pregnancy support.
The birth center is a home-like environment for labor and delivery, with two rooms available for births. The center is equipped with a birthing pool, shower, bathtub, birthing ball, and other birthing aids that may be desired by laboring mothers.
The midwives at Katy Birth Center are also trained to provide prenatal midwifery care including lab tests, and ultrasounds are available. Midwife services include prenatal care, labor and delivery, a 24 hour postpartum check, a one-week postpartum check up, and an 8 week check up.
Good to Know:
- Katy Birth Center is a collaborative wellness center, and may refer mothers to obstetricians if needed. If complications arise during labor, midwives will provide transport to the nearest hospital and stay with the mother for labor and delivery support.
- The birth center offers classes and events for new parents, including Bradley Method and Hynobabies birth classes, a birth class series, breastfeeding classes, and mom to mom support groups. Visit Katy Birth Center’s events calendar for more information.
- Breastfeeding moms can contact Katy Birth Center’s lactation consultant, and also rent breast pumps from Katy Birth Center.
- Some families find that Katy Birth Center is more affordable than prenatal care and delivery with an OBGYN and hospital staff.
- Katy Birth Center is fully cleaned and sanitized for a healthy delivery experience.
- Plan to visit Katy Birth Center early to secure services for your pregnancy, as the center can only accommodate a limited number of births each month.
- Katy Birth Center specializes in a woman-centered birth experience with few or no interventions, and no arbitrary separations of mother and baby.
Katy Birth Center Information: