Hike it Baby Katy | Baby Activities in Katy | Stroller Walking Group in Katy
About Hike It Baby:
Hike it Baby is a national organization dedicated to helping families get outside in a safe and supported way with their children. Hike It Baby events are always free and anyone is welcome to become involved with the group – moms, dads, grandparents, nannies, friends, and more! There are Hike it Baby events in Katy throughout the week; events range from urban strolls to playground dates to trail hikes, truly offering something for everyone!
Good to Know:
- Hike it Baby is not just for babies! Families with children of all ages are encouraged to attend.
- No one gets left behind! If someone needs to change a diaper or feed a child during our walk, we all wait.
- This is a “participate at your own risk” group. All hikes are led by volunteers who are not professional guides and are not trained in CPR/first aid. Hike It Baby asks that all adults sign the waiver found on hikeitbaby.com before joining in their first event.
- Haven’t found a hike that strikes your interest? You can start your own. All you need to do is go on one hike to get familiar with the group, then submit a hike to get on the calendar.
- Hikes may take place under shade or in the sun. Be prepared with hats, sunscreen, and water.
- Bring a chilly towel or misting fan for little ones (or yourself). It can get hot out there!
- Most hikes are stroller friendly. Baby carriers can be used as well and may be more comfortable on more challenging terrain.
Joining Hike It Baby:
Hike It Baby has recurring hikes throughout the week, as well as special events. These hikes are currently available regularly in the Katy area:
Monday Morning Lake Walk, Mondays 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Cinco Ranch Beach Club Lake, 3188 S Lake Village Dr, Katy, TX 77450 United States
The paved path around this lake is smooth, wide, and best of all, mostly shady! The loop is about 2 miles, but the hike can continue further depending on the group. Park on the street in the cul-de-sac and meet on the sidewalk.
Mary Jo Peckham Walk and Play, Thursdays 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Mary Jo Peckham Park, 5597 Gardenia Lane, Katy, TX 77493 United States
A weekly hike in “old” Katy. Adult paced, then the kids can play on the playground. Half paved and half crushed gravel, even umbrella strollers can tackle this one. There are some shady areas, but be prepared for sun on the trail as well. Meet under the large pavilion with green roof.
Find up to date hikes on the Hike It Baby website.
Website: Hike It Baby
Facebook: Hike It Baby