Exploration Park | Parks in Katy
About Exploration Park in Katy:
Just opened in the summer of 2015, Katy’s Exploration Park is unlike any other. It offers creative play opportunities, unique features, and a great way to connect with the outdoors. Kids will enjoy climbing up and down the well shaded play tower and building with blue foam blocks. There are also nature play areas where children are encouraged to take on easy rock climbs. One of our favorite features: a water painting area where children can press a button to make it rain, then use provided paint brushes to paint water on the concrete. While there are a number of unshaded areas, particularly the swings and other climbing equipment, the main climbing tower is well shaded, as is the pavilion area. The pavilion is a good place to sit and watch as children play, as there is a good view of nearly every area of the park.
Good to Know:
- There are currently no restrooms on site. Be sure to make a pit stop before you head to the park! There is a water fountain available.
- There is no real parking lot, only a dirt area where you can park. It can get dusty, so you may want to wear close toed shoes. You will also need to cross a small street to get into the park.
- Exploration Park does not accept reservations for the pavilion. As this can be a busy park, parties are not recommended unless you plan to bring your own cover.
- Turn at the sign for Camp Cinco, and simply follow the road. You can’t miss the park!
- Stop and check out the great landscaping. The park has included a number of plants that attract bees and butterflies.
- Walk along the wooden bridge: it’s musical!
- Wear hats, bring sunscreen, and don’t forget your water, as you may want to play in areas without shade.
Visiting Exploration Park:
15020 Cinco Park Rd, Katy, TX 77450
Exploration Park Hours:
Sunrise to sunset