Alamo Kids Camp | Free Family Movies in Katy
About Alamo Kids Camp:
This summer, Alamo Drafthouse is spotlighting classic family films for Alamo Kids Camp. Admission is choose your own price at $1, $2, or $3. 100 percent of ticket sales are donated to local nonprofits and schools. These showings are offered all week long! Titles include classics you may have enjoyed as a child: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Babe, The Neverending Story, and more! Every showing is open to children of all ages — even babies! Showtimes have already begun and will run through August.
2016 Alamo Kids Camp Summer Movies:
Friday, June 3 – Thursday, June 9
CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Friday, June 10 – Thursday, June 16
Friday, June 17 – Thursday, June 23
Friday, June 24 – Thursday, June 30
THE DARK CRYSTAL
Friday, July 1 – Thursday, July 7
HORTON HEARS A WHO
Friday, July 8 – Thursday, July 14
Friday, July 15 – Thursday, July 21
THE NEVERENDING STORY
Friday, July 25 – Thursday, July 28
SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE
Friday, July 29 – Thursday, August 1
Good to Know:
- Children of all ages (and their caregivers) are welcome!
- Admission is free, but you can reserve your spot in the theater by purchasing a $5 food and beverage voucher. The voucher can be used for $5 off anything on the Alamo Drafthouse menu.
- You don’t have to participate in Alamo Kids Camp to take your baby to a showing at the Alamo. Every Tuesday is Baby Day! Any movie starting before 2:05 p.m. on a Tuesday is a Baby Day showing. Infants are free (other children and adults do have to buy tickets however), and screenings are made baby friendly with brighter lights, lower sound, and tolerance for crying babies.
- Alamo often creates a special menu just for kids during Alamo Kids Camp. Themed foods, even delicious milkshakes are available in kid-friendly sizes.
- Unlike Cinemark and Santikos, Alamo Kids Camp movies are offered every day for a week, even the weekends! Free movies are available every day, so this offer works for practically every family’s schedule. Bonus: if you really like a particular movie, you can come back to see it again, totally free!
- Free movies are a very popular attraction. Arrive early to pick the best seats! Because showtimes are offered for a full week, showings at the Alamo Drafthouse are not as busy as Cinemark or Santikos, especially on the weekdays. We recommend using Alamo’s $5 food and beverage voucher to save your spot for weekend showings, or for any weekday showings you can’t bear to miss.
- As a family event, most summer movie clubhouse moviegoers are tolerant of mildly fussy babies or talkative toddlers — within reason. So don’t be afraid to bring your baby (and other children you may have). Of course, remember that it’s polite to step out and settle your child outside of the theater if they become disruptive.
Enjoying Alamo’s Kids Camp this Summer:
Katy Alamo Drafthouse Kids Camp Dates and Hours:
Every day from May 30th through August. Showtimes vary, but usually start between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.