8 Rainy Day Activities for Katy Babies
We’ve had some rainy days in Katy lately, and that can mean stir-crazy kids and parents. Sure, you can try indoor camping, baking cookies, crafting, or watching Frozen for the 10,000th time, but sometimes, you just need to get. out. of. the. house. If it’s raining, your options are limited. But we do have lots of fun things to do with babies, toddlers, and preschoolers in Katy even when the weather is awful!
Visit Your Library
Sure, you can read books at home, but going to the library makes reading an exciting event for children. They can walk around the stacks, discover new books, maybe even discover a new friend! Let them pick out their own books to read at the library and then encourage them to help you check out as you bring a stack of books home to enjoy!
Katy has three great library branches to enjoy on a rainy day: Katy Branch Library, Cinco Ranch Branch Library, and the Maud Smith Marks Branch Library.
Hit Katy Mills Mall
It’s fun to shop at Katy Mills Mall, but this spot offers so much more for indoor fun. It’s a powerhouse of great indoor activities for kids, including babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. These are just a few of the things you can do at Katy Mills Mall with little ones:
- Find a ride along the walkways (my boys are partial to the one right near the play area, but the ones near Sun and Ski are good, too!)
- Visit Bass Pro Shops to check out the big fish tank, climb on four wheelers and boats, and see if they’re hosting any fun special events
- Ride the train around the mall
- Ride the carousel
- Bounce around the huge inflatable balls in the food court
- Hop on a huge stuffed animal (Those Animals) located near Bass Pro Shops and Jumpstreet
- Visit the play area near AMC
- Check out the animals at Rainforest Cafe or stop by for a meal
- Jump to your heart’s content at Jumpstreet
- Try your luck on the games at Tilt (my guys love the mini bowling right near the front)
Find a Bounce House
Blow Off Steam at Giggles and Fun
Giggles and Fun has so many different stations for kids six and under to play on: a baby area, small slide structure, riding horses, outer space, and more. There are plenty of fun things to do here!
Times Square Bowling
Stuck at home with a preschooler? Take them bowling at Times Square Entertainment and have fun knocking down pins together. They use bumpers and small balls for little ones, so it’s very family friendly. You can also play in the arcade and order food. Bowling this summer? Check out the Kids Bowl Free program available April through October!
Paint at Ceramics by Tess
Get in touch with your inner artist at Ceramics by Tess. Kids can make handprint crafts, or pick out a ceramic to paint all on their own.
Play at a Baby Gym
Go See a Movie
Yes, really! Be brave! Most movie theaters aren’t well populated early in the day during the week. You can also check out movie showings just for babies and toddlers. Santikos Palladium on 99 offers Mommy Matinees every Wednesday at 11 a.m., and Alamo Drafthouse on Mason has baby days on Tuesdays for all regular shows starting before 2:00 p.m.
Did we miss your favorite indoor activity for little ones in Katy? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to share!